Freitag, 25. März 2022

My poor gringo - gringo yangu maskini

 


My poor gringo - gringo yangu maskini




My gringo is sick. I'm sorry for that. And he is very ill. I've tried pretty much everything but nothing has helped.

It all started when he threw up. I still thought it wasn't that bad, but then he stopped eating. That's when things got serious, because a gringo can't leave a meal unattended. He pounces on it and eats until the bowl is empty and glistens as he washes it. The only thing he still does, he drinks water. But he cannot live on water alone!

I tried everything to encourage him to eat something. He just kept throwing up. Today is the fourth day he hasn't eaten. He is weak and can no longer walk properly. I'm just wondering what does he have?

The Divine asked what that could be. A friend said that his or her ears would have to be cut off, then it would be over. (Was that a joke?) I'm just wondering, how can a thinking person come up with such an idea? Of course I turned it down, there was nothing else to do.

The next idea was, and still is, that he's poisoned. That seems very logical to me. It started with him going out onto the field. It could be that he ate some fertilizer, maybe. Gringo eats everything that is halfway to eat. Only, the divine means that the farmers are not planting yet and therefore this theory is not correct. It can be, but it doesn't have to be, the fertilizer can be leftovers from the last planting.

Gringo is a young dog, that's also a problem. And not too little! At night he goes around collecting the shoes that people leave in front of their doors and carries them away. It is important for us to know who owns which shoes so that we can return them in the morning. It may be that someone felt bothered and gave our dear gringo something to eat that is not good for him.

There are a number of ways to dwell on this - it's more useless than useful as it doesn't work and the gringo's suffering continues.

Yesterday, I thought we could lose him. My divine went to the vet and she gave him an injection of antibiotics. This morning he still didn't want to eat, but his eyes are clearer and he's become interested in the world around him. I think that's a good sign. On the negative side, he can't get up. He's too weak, so we take care of him where he is and he's in good hands there, the little one is really at our door, he likes it quite well.

I hope he can still recover. I, for my part, will do whatever is necessary to bring this about.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen