Mittwoch, 30. März 2022

Corona

Corona

Before I continue to write here, I have to write something about the situation in Austria. About 3 weeks ago we had the highest infected, there were almost 60,000, and that in just one day. In the past 24 hours (as of March 30th, 2022, Wednesday, 9.30 a.m.) 34,743 new corona infections have been reported in Austria - almost 20,000 fewer than a week ago. Those are huge numbers for a nation of nearly 9 million.

It hit me yesterday too. It was only a matter of time before it hit me too, I knew that. And because nobody really knows, I turned to the state government. I asked:

I am positive. Now I've checked, made myself smart. That is not easy. I have a CT value of almost 33. I found this: negative PCR test or CT value ≥ 30. If the CT value is <30, the traffic restriction must be extended until...

How is that possible. I'm positive at 33, actually I should be negative.

What's right now? Who knows that?

I also need a document that I hopefully have recovered. Who issues this? Do I have to take care of it myself?

State government response:

If this was your first positive test, then the CT value is irrelevant. the level of the CT value is only taken into account in the free test from the 5th day of isolation.

The responsible district administration authority (depending on your place of residence) will contact you and give you further information.

I have to make one thing clear. I am now in quarantine for the 4th time and so far no one has cared if I comply or not. My wife was also positive, it's been 10 days now, up to now, no letter, nothing, no document that she has recovered.

Can it be that the government does not provide this document because then the vaccination obligation will no longer apply? This insane train of thought comes to mind.

And so I contacted the hospital.

Reply :

Do you have any complaints or was it an incidental finding? The first point of contact for care at home is your family doctor or 1450; If there is a risk of a severe course of the disease and/or possibly insufficient vaccination protection, there is the possibility in the early phase of the disease either with "passive immunization", i.e. antibodies directed against COVID, which are administered as an infusion or by taking antiviral drugs mitigate infection. The need for this can be evaluated and initiated by 1450 or probably your family doctor and should be initiated as soon as possible after the infection/onset of symptoms becomes known! In the event of severe symptoms or deterioration, please notify the rescue/emergency doctor!

If you have any further questions or should not be able to get any further help via 1450/family doctor, please contact us again!

Get well soon


I'm calling not because I feel ill, because I want to know who is taking care of my health.

Nobody picks up.

Should I be surprised?


Had someone responded, surely the conversation would have been as follows.

Doctor: "You are positive?"

Me: "Yes! Is my illness actually life-threatening?"

"No," says the doctor, "otherwise you would have gotten my bill long ago! How do you feel?"

"Well, I'm kind of dry!"

"What do you mean dry? Does your throat hurt?"

"It's scratching though!"

"That's not a good sign!"

"Doctor, what should I do?"

"The virus is spreading."

"If I had only had one beer, the scratchy throat would have gone!"

"It's too late now!"

"What do you think, Doctor, can I still go to a restaurant to eat something? Is it still worth it? I mean, do I still have enough time?"

"The only advice I can give you is if you want to waste money then go."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen