Samstag, 19. März 2022

My daughter, my granddaughter and I Binti yangu

 


My daughter, my granddaughter and I
Binti yangu, mume wangu na mimi




The way is long, the way is long

Burning hot desert sand, far, so far from homeland...


This is an old song lyrics that just came to my mind. I'm on the train going home. I was visiting my daughter and granddaughter. That was nice, but also exhausting. My granddaughter doesn't like me! It hurts, but that's how it is. When I came in the door, she hid right behind Mama. Willy the dog was happy for that. He barked, which must have meant, "Where have you been so long?" I also greeted him kindly, petting him and asking him, "Well, old boy, how are you?" Then he jumped up on me and distracted me.

I made myself comfortable and my daughter started to tell me a few things that I don't want to go into detail here, it only concerns her and me. She had a goulash on the stove, so she had to go to the kitchen more often, my grandson always following her. She definitely didn't want to be alone with me. Mom tried to persuade her, but it didn't help. At some point I got up and went into the kitchen, there we were all three. My daughter looked at me questioningly, "Where's the beer?" An important question! She gave me one and asks, "You sure drink two!" I really couldn't say no to that. "If you drink two, I'll take a sip and we can toast," my daughter explained. We did that too! My grandson wide-eyed and watched us. "You don't need to be afraid of grandpa, he doesn't bother you!" Did she understand that? Maybe, maybe not.

The goulash was lovely! The meat was buttery soft! After my stay in Kenya, I lost hope of being able to eat soft meat again. I enjoyed it and ate it all. In my enthusiasm for the goulash I would have forgotten about the dumplings! what can i say about it Just lovely! And an ice cold beer! The day is saved.

My daughter clears the table and goes into the kitchen. I go into the anteroom, get my phone. You can do it without a phone, I know, but if you have contact with Kenya, you need one. When I come back, my granddaughter stands up, wants to follow mom into the kitchen, stumbles and falls. I say: "Nothing happens!" and approach her. I notice that she is not afraid, I take advantage of that. "Would you like me to help you?" I asked hypocritically. She looks at me, I give her my hand and, it can't be true, she takes my hand without screaming and I help her get up. Pure madness! After two long years the ice is broken! Miracles happen! One thing happened today! And that's good. To me it's like a sunrise in the Caribbean! A wonderful day!

Such a day, as beautiful as today, such a day that should never go away!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen