Donnerstag, 9. September 2021

A Foreigner In Kenya, Chapter 8




Actually I haven't known this, I got it by my last research.

REF:Warning against all travellers to Kenya using any means(Airplane or Motor vehicle):Take precautions before arranging any trip to Kenya.

The Consul,Embassador -South African embassy in Nairobi, Kenya



Dear Honourables;

The above refers.

I would like you to give/transmit warnings to all those till Kenya especially through the International airport to make first proper arrangements and make sur that there is a fair security upon arrival in Kenya.Otherwise,most will be surprised when the fund/money they are keeping in their suitcases or wallets(mostly wanted is the US Dollar currency bills) is robbed or stolen by Kenyan police at the airport without proper information.The average amount allowed to declare as a tourist/visitor must be determined as to not exceed not more than $5000,00 only.

I hope that you kindly transmit this message to all travel agencies in South Africa or abroad.This may be transmitted also to all other you find might be needing such an information like at OR Tambo International Airport,Johannesburg.


Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.May God bless you all!


Kind regards,





Kenya is not an easy country, that I must say. What in other countries of this world is very common and normal, in Kenya it is not allowed. 

In South Africa I as a Foreigner can open a bank account, that's very easy, takes only a few minutes. Then I can transfer money to this account and I don't have to run around with my pocket full of money. That's for my safety. Everyone is doing this. But in Kenya its not alowed.

The question is only why? What reason is behind it.

I can remember very good when the Kenyan government changed the currency. I asked what is the reason behind it. The answer was that the government want to stop money laundering. Still now I got no idea how this should go. If someone got black money, maybe under his pillow, he must change it to the new currency. Actually I don't believe that someone is hiding money under his pillow. The rich they got bank accounts in other countries. They are laughing about that. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen