Sonntag, 12. September 2021

A Foreigner In Kenya, Chapter 9

 Nakupenda - I love you! What a beautiful sentence! I'll make it short, I found it! My darling, my everything. Do I have to go into more detail? "All men all, fall into the trap of the beautiful girls ..", an old song from Europe, and it's true. I do not think so. She lives in a village, has a small house, she has to, because she also has four children. Not all are in the house, two have already moved out. There are also neighbors. Many children are particularly curious about what's nothing new. What we will do immediately: A refrigerator is needed! The divine gives no rest. No refrigerator, no refrigerator. The kitchen is so big, if the refrigerator is there, the cook has to leave the kitchen. But the divine accepts that. I'm not so sure that it's the right decision, I'd rather eat well than huddle in the kitchen. What can I do, a Mzungu in Kenya! Lost in a foreign country. We go shopping. It will be a refrigerator, taller than I am, I have to stand on tiptoe to look over the refrigerator. It doesn't stop there. It has to be full, otherwise there is no point. Shopping continues. An army would have enough to eat for a month. Now comes the tricky thing, transportation. There is a vehicle in the back yard, a pickup, which is supposed to transport the refrigerator. A loud conversation begins, followed by an argument. I don't understand anything, everything in a language that I don't know. My Divine explains to me that the driver refuses to move the refrigerator. Finally, the Divine demands to speak to the manager. After a few minutes it really comes, listens to the arguments, and decides: the refrigerator has to be transported. The driver is angry. I also. The divine is happy. A victory all along the line. What more does she want! The driver, maybe because he's angry, drives like a madman. Anyone who has been to Kenya knows what I'm talking about. It is not a real road, we Europeans would call this road a dirt road. It's not fastened, one pothole after another. That doesn't bother the driver, he hisses along. I furtively look at the speedometer, it's not easy, I'm sitting on the left, then the divine in the middle, then the driver. He drives at about 100 km / h on this dirt road. We are really shaken up. I just hope that the refrigerator is well fixed and that the two helpers hold on tight. Finally we arrived without incident. The last way to the house of the divines is narrow. We don't have to go far, it's a short distance. Now comes another difficult part. The driver has to drive backwards into the system. This takes a while! There, back, a little forward, a little back. He almost knocks over the neighbor's fence, which bends dangerously, but withstands the activities of the driver. After a long time he did it, now he can open the gate and drive into the system. I just wonder why he didn't open the gate first, he could have driven in there without any problems. But this is Kenya. Why simply when it can be cumbersome. The refrigerator is unloaded, brought into the kitchen, connected. People are leaving. The divine is very happy. The door to the kitchen no longer opens completely, you have to squeeze in. The Divine asks me: "Did you notice?" "What?" "The man who drove us is drunk!" "I didn't notice it, but I can well imagine the way it drove." God put us on this earth. We were all Africans then, in the beginning, because man started in Kenya, as Dr. Leakey and his daddy have proved. So, if one thinks carefully about it, we are all bothers and sisters, and yet everywhere you look, what do you see? Fighting, fighting, fighting. Rich people killing poor people, poor people killin rich people. Everywhere.



And really, it's all about one thing: wealth. Something else no longer exists. Money, money and more money! There is no more love. The pursuit of money has replaced love. Here is an example. One of my friends asked me if I could get him a job in Europe. He would also marry a woman from Europe if necessary. He is not alone with this wish, there are some who have the same wish. Anyway, some time later I found out that the good guy had a wife and a child. I asked him what would happen to his family when he went to Europe. He just shrugged his shoulders. "What will become of them?" I asked. His answer: "It doesn't matter." What can he say about love? It is a name he gives to pain to comfort those who suffer. There are only two ways to be unhappy: either wanting what you don't have or having what you wanted. Love begins with the first type and, in the worst case, with the second it comes to an end, that is, as soon as it reaches its purpose.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen