Dienstag, 8. Februar 2022

In the market - Kwenye soko

In the market - Kwenye soko


I have to go shopping. There is a market two days a week, Saturday and Wednesday. Saturday is busier. At this market there are the daily vegetables that are just ripe. All the hustle and bustle takes place in a relatively large area, which can be entered through three gates and is surrounded by small apartments. It's not that far from the house where I live. Of course not alone, together with my wife. It's always with me when I go to the market. Must be so, when the farmers see me, alone, then the price skyrockets. This is an inflation that only lasts a few minutes and is gone by the next customer. Here everything lies on the floor, nicely arranged so that it immediately catches the eye. It's no different than my home. Psychology of Selling.



Nlikuwa na best yangu anaitwaga Kuria,

Ameokoka kila place na bibilia,

Story mtaani alirape ule Maria,

Ameokoka kumbe mkristo,bandiaaa



some people know me The pineapple man knows me. Pineapple are my favorite fruit. He always greets me kindly. "Good morning, sir!"

I have to grin. Who is a sir here? The good man completely misunderstands me. I come here almost every Saturday to buy pineapples, that has the advantage that he always sells me fresh pineapples.

Most are farmers. They come from the area, I don't know them, my wife obviously knows from whom she can and should buy what. I act as a porter, walk behind her with bags in my hands that are slowly getting heavy. It's a pacing, a pacing and pacing. And me, like a little dog behind. Too bad I don't have such a good nose as a dog! It's big enough, but I can't smell anything.



Wasanii wengi sana tu ni bandia,

Buda Tomiso noma asana aliimba sinzia,

Mi nko juu naifanya kama career,

Hunaga show we ni rapper,bandia



In front of this market are other traders. Shoes, dresses, jackets, household appliances are on sale there and I don't know what I've overlooked or forgotten. The things here are not new, transposed, mostly they come from Europe. Caritas brings them here, where they are then sold. Not a bad deal!

I gave an order to a woman outside the vegetable market. She was to make a bracelet in the colors of the Kenyan flag with the name "Veronika" embroidered on it. It took a little longer, but finally it was finished. Instead of "Veronika" the name was "Veronika", it wasn't enough for the "I"!



Siendi works mi nafeel tu malaria,

Naenda hosi kutafuta dakitaria,

Bila test anasema dihorea,

Ita polisi kuna doctor, bandia,



Last time I looked at pants. When I got to the sales kiosk, where nobody was to be seen far and wide, the salesman appeared out of nowhere.

"Here are some nice pants," he tells me.

He shows me. I decline.

"I'm not buying, I'm just looking!"

That can't stop the man. He rummages in his pants.

"Here are some nice pants, they should fit just right!"

I look at them.

"What's that supposed to cost?"

My wife gets curious. She is looking for something two meters away. When it comes to paying, she pricks up her ears. women are all the same.

"What do you want to buy?" she hisses at me.

"Nothing, darling!" I reply, startled.

"That's a good thing!"

Just got away!

"Do the pants fit? It's not always clear with your size," my wife joins in.

"What is your size?"

I dont know! What man knows that? I am not omniscient!

"I don't know," I say.

"The pants will definitely fit!," says the seller.

I say to my wife: "Check the back, there must be a label!"

I turn around for her to come to the label. She's fingering that back. It does not work!

"Wait, I'll open my pants!"

I undo my belt, undo my pants. Must have been a sight to behold. It works out. She can read the label. It's true, the pants fit like a glove! I don't buy them. Not yet, maybe next week. Do not know yet.

My golden wife bought me a pair of pants a few weeks ago. She was traveling alone because if the dealers saw me, the price would go up. I'll keep it short, she really did buy a pair of pants, but for a woman! Now I have to take my shirt out of my pants so nobody sees. Am I a transvestite?



Ule ex wangu anaitwaga Lucia,

Nlimpenda roho yangu akanivunjia,

Niko single bila manzi nafurahia,

Staki love kwanza zile,bandiaaa

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen