Dienstag, 3. Mai 2022

Swahili lesson - somo la kiswahili

 


Swahili lesson - somo la kiswahili


What we did yesterday thought us that nithing is impossible. After all, what seemed impossible was possible today. So nothing will be impossible tomorrow. (Fidel Castro)


I am now learning Swahili. It's not that easy. What's easy in life? Right now, I've finished the 5th lesson. I still can't speak! It takes time. Or is it me? Everything is possible. Everything is possible, nothing has to be!


My mother tongue is German. Why is my language actually called mother tongue? The answer is relatively simple: because the father never gets a chance to speak. That by the way.


There's a really funny sentence in my textbook. "Sihitaji malii" (I don't need money). This short sentence has nothing to do with Kenya, is completely wrong. The correct name would be: "Nihitaji malii" (I need money). Every Kenyan understands this sentence!


In a country where everyone is walking around shouting, "We are poor, we are so poor!" Is the statement "sihitaji" completely wrong. We white people are all rich! never mind Should be like that. For us, that is, for us whites, wealth simply falls from the sky. The Kenyans are storming me from everywhere. "Nipe pesa!" (Give me money).

I'm just wondering does this have anything to do with the tribe, the Bantu tribe?


My divine learned German many years ago, so she has already forgotten a few things. What do you not forget? swear words! She can perfectly say, "Shut up!" (Nyamaza). That is interesting. I looked up how to curse and curse in Swahili. I haven't found anything! Too bad that would have been my first important words.


I found an impossible sentence in my textbook. I was shocked! "Pombe imetosha" (enough alcohol). And that in a country where gin is drunk like water!


All in all, I have to say that my textbook is not the best. For that it was very expensive. Sentences like: "Bring a beer, a beer or I'll fall over!" are important. (bia hapa, bia hapa au nitaanguka). An extremely important sentence in a country where water is a problem.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen