Freitag, 1. April 2022

My Friend Ramy

I got bad news. It was Thursday, that is, yesterday, when I received a message from my daughter. She wrote: "Bad news, Ramy is dead!" I fell out of the clouds. I must have screamed too, I can't remember that exactly, which isn't surprising. The first shock had struck. What I remember is that I screamed, "Ramy is dead!" What terrible news! what a pain I immediately answered: "What happened?" The answer came later, not immediately. It was something like this. We don't know exactly yet, we still have to investigate. He would have called on Monday, he was so happy, he had ordered a motorbike, he had to tell his friends immediately. Then he went home, lay down, apparently fell asleep. At some point he died, when that was, we don't know yet. Monday night or Tuesday morning. That remains to be determined. The cause of death is also not clear, was it a stroke, a heart attack, a pulmonary embolism? We do not know yet. Tuesday he lay dead in bed, Wednesday too. A friend found him on Thursday. Ramy was a fine guy, I may say so, we've vacationed together a few times. Ramy was the opposite of me. Physically for sure. He was smaller than me, with a huge belly. I, on the other hand, am slim and slim. Ramy was a tinkerer, a craftsman, he was really good at that. He had built his own camping gear. This may sound strange now, but let me try to explain. He built a tent that was erected over his car, through a staircase you could get into the tent. Next to it he had built a kitchen with running water and that was not all! There was also a shower next to it! And he had planned and built it all. Was unique. I, on the other hand, am a danger to everyone if I pick up a hammer or any other tool. Ramy was a fine fellow. The only downside I can think of is he snored horribly. We were in Corsica, at the campsite, he slept 3 meters away from me. That distance was way too short, I think 3km might have been enough, but I'm not sure. I'm sure I hardly slept, his snoring was terrible. Small children got scared, they had never heard such a noise. It was really awful, I have to admit. Ramy was a "fine house", as we say here. It's a shame he left us so young. Whoever God loves, He takes to Himself. Ramy, we will miss you!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen