Montag, 4. Oktober 2021

A Foreigner In Kenya, Chapter 24

 Ni nini mbaya - what is wrong



You are the only one

I've never seen before

My number one

You only I go crazy for

I wanna be with you forever

I wanna be your super love


We are still looking for a blueprint. It goes back and forth. We don't have a real plan yet I can't expect anything from Fundi. I ask him if he can make a construction plan. Nothing works without an architect! That surprises me. I think to myself, he should have a little idea.

That's enough for me, I sit down and draw a construction plan. It's a European blueprint, a European house.

I say to the monster, "Send the blueprint to the Fundi."

Some time later, the answer comes, "Looks good."

We meet again. This time we have a basis to talk about.

One of the first questions is, of course, the price. I want to know what the material costs and the labor. He doesn't know, gives evasive answers.

"First we have to see the architect, he will tell us what and how much material we need."

I make another announcement: "Well, I want to get from you; first, a list of what material is needed; and second, I want to know the labor time."


A few days later. We meet again. I'm thinking to myself, he got everything, now I'm getting an overview. What he has is a text message, he shows it to me. Apparently an architect from Nairobi, at least that's what he claims. The architect is asking 200,000 for his overview, because that's the only thing it can be. For the building plan to draw he has someone, he asks 50,000. I am a bit puzzled. Annoyed. I have never seen anything like this before. We continue talking. I make a mistake, notice it immediately, want to correct myself, look at the Fundi, notice that he has not noticed it. I am very surprised. I make more mistakes, this time on purpose, the Fundi doesn't correct me! Strange.

We go home. It doesn't leave me alone, I have to ask the monster, "Is that really a Fundi?"

"Of course," she answers.

I don't say anything, it bothers her. I wait for some time, then I ask, "Did you sleep with him?"

Maybe. I think I saw looks there between the two of them, which I noticed and which have no place between a customer and a builder.

"He's married!"

"It doesn't mean anything."

I wonder, of course, what kind of home construction that was and where? She has no job, is a volunteer. Who would put her to work there? Alright, I'll take it easy, that was before my time, none of my business. Just like her children, I don't know the fathers and they don't interest me either. Maybe it's a mistake on my part, maybe.

I decide to give up the Fundi. So far he has only cost and contributed nothing. For my house I need someone I can rely on.

I search and I find. The one Fundi does what Innocent should have done. He makes a list of the material that is expected to be needed. Then the working price. This is also strange. He calculates the house construction in 3 steps. 1. the foundation, 2. up to the windows, and then up to the rentals. Must confess, I do not know this, is new.

The other fundi already comes with a list of materials needed, as well as the price. Now only the labor price is missing. He charges differently. He charges one price for the foundation and another for the walls. He is also cheaper. This is easier for me to understand. I give him the order.


Sometimes I might wonder why you love me so

I no go leave you till I die mamitto

Girl, I want you to understand

This love makes me feel so special

I want you to understand

This love makes me feel so special

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen