Sonntag, 3. Oktober 2021

A Foreigner In Kenya, Chapter 22

 Mbunifu - the architect



We have already achieved a lot. The land is bought, we also have a builder, what we still need is an architect to draw my building plan, which is only a sketch at the moment, properly so that we can get the permits. We go back to the property, we think it's easier to have an architect from the area. Surely is not wrong thinking. We ask the surveyor, he knows one, sends us there. I give him my sketch, he looks at it. I made one mistake, but it was only because I didn't know. In Kenya there must be two entrance doors, that's my mistake. It doesn't matter! We make another door through which we can enter the house, through the kitchen. Otherwise everything fits. The construction plan is quickly drawn, for this he uses a computer. After 3 hours the construction plan is ready. The architect shows the house as it will look when it is finished. Virtually, this is feasible and the monster lets herself be guided through the virtual house. It wants to see everything, virtually going from the entrance to the living room, then on to the bedroom, from there to the kitchen and the guest rooms. The next problem is the permits. That's where the architect comes to our rescue. He says, for a little money, he can get us the permits in a short time. I agree and really, in half an hour we have all the stamps. I still have to deposit some money, but I get deposit slips. We go to the bank, want to deposit, but it does not work. I am a foreigner, so I don't have a PIN (Personal Identification Number), and to make this payment you need a PIN. How can you pay something if it is not allowed? Difficult! I say to the monster, "Pay it you, with your PIN." I give her the money. She goes to the bank counter, I sit down comfortably, stretch out, thinking of only one thing: a cold beer would do me good right now. It takes a few minutes, but then it's done. We have everything we need! We can be satisfied. Everything is done. The construction project can begin!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen