Sonntag, 3. Juli 2022

The Lady Is A Tramp

 


The Lady Is A Tramp - Mwanamke ni jambazi


I never prove to be good enough to everyone. But I am best for those who understand me.


It's difficult in Kenya. I just got a call that my friend collapsed. A somewhat difficult situation. But I have to start over.



Sweet child in time

You'll see the line

The line that's drawn between

Good and bad

See the blind man



Yesterday afternoon I invited my friend to visit the bar. A bottle of cold beer every now and then can do you good. And I was sick, still coughing, but going to the bar can get me in, just smaller

Don't stop coughing.

My friend came, I was putting on my shoes, he was already a little sweaty. We greeted each other, after a short time we went to the bar. At the last moment, my divine decided that she would come too. I would have been surprised if she hadn't been taken with me, since she could already smell and probably taste the alcohol.

There were only 3 people in the bar playing billiards, no one else was there. All the televisions were on and loud music was playing from the speakers. As everywhere in Kenya heavily overdriven that your ears are ringing.

We sat in a niche. The waitress came and said, "Welcome back!"

I ordered - of course - a cold beer. My divine a warm beer and my friend a bottle of gin and a soda.

A conversation was not possible, at least for me, as it is usually when I, as a Mungu, go out with Kenyans. My Divine and my acquaintance were chatting animatedly, I was watching TV. A football game on one screen, next to it a children's film. I wasn't interested in the children's film or the soccer game. I watched anyway, once on the left, then on the right again. Never mind, the beer was fresh, not cold.


Shooting at the world

Bullets flying

Oh, taking great

If you've been bad

O Lord, I bet you have

And you've not been hit

Oh, by flying lead

You'd better close your eyes



Now I can't even remember what I do know is that we ordered another round. What I don't know is whether my friend ordered another bottle of gin, it can be, but it doesn't have to be. The conversation continued and I continued to watch television. I didn't have much else left.

"May I order a meal?" the divine asked me.

I ran out of beer again, so I ordered another one, including my divine one, of course.

The food came and that's really exceptional, it was tasty and it was soft! I didn't expect that in this bar! There is always a surprise! The food was so good that my friend took the platter from the table and put it on the bench next to him.

The Divine protested. "I want to eat something too!"

"You've already eaten!" said my friend.

By this point I had already given up eating. I didn't care. What my friend couldn't eat, he had packed up.

Conversation became a bit difficult, my acquaintance lost the opportunity to speak. The gin did its job. The head sank to its knees, but only for a short time. The babble could not be understood. How much gin he drank I can't say with the best will in the world, I didn't pay attention.

It was time to go.

Before we go, comes the inevitable. My friend begs me : "Give me 100 Kshs for cigarettes!" I'm a little perplexed, I hand him a note, could have been 200 Kshs.

It was dark and we lost my friend in the darkness. He didn't know where his house was anymore, he went in the wrong direction. We looked for him and brought him to his house.



Sweet child in time

You'll see the line

The line that's drawn between

Good and bad



The Divine and I went home. And then something very strange happened. A strange "drunkness" suddenly set in with the Divine as well. That made me suspicious! After 3 beers such a situation! I couldn't believe it. Was and is certainly strange. There are few options. I didn't keep watching or worry about the gin bottles, so there's a chance the Divine gin might have been drinking as well. Another possibility would be that the two were on drugs, but I didn't notice that she had been drinking gin. I wasn't always at the table, and neither was the Divine. So the possibility is there! And I don't like it at all when the Divine is drunk! Of course I'm delighted, she gets on my nerves!



See the blind man

Shooting at the world

Bullets flying

Oh, taking great

If you've been bad

Lord, I bet you have

And you've not been hit



Next day. My friend is coming. It's afternoon. He doesn't look good. He says he has trouble breathing, his nose is running. He wants money, I don't have any, I can give him medicine. He gratefully accepts it and leaves.



Lord, I bet you have

And you've not been hit

Oh, by flying lead

You'd better close your eyes

Oh

Bow your head

Wait for the ricochet



I check on Facebook. I'm still upset about what happened yesterday, it won't be over anytime soon. I see an entry there. "What would you say goodbye to Uhuru?" Then something occurs to me. I reply, "I'd give him 10 Kshs before he even asks me." That just has to come out. The begging never ends. My friend is rich, he has a farm, I have nothing! But that's how it is in a country where everyone is poor.


And now the Divine, a relative, is traveling with my friend who collapsed after being with me. I was willing to ride, but it was declined. I wasn't uncomfortable.

What's rather odd is that the divine wailed, "I don't have any money!"

It's all strange.


Bye, baby, they ain't fly, baby

Looking at the whip frame, that's a nice 'Cedez

You should throw it to me, like Tom Brady

With the long blonde hair, that's Marcia Brady

I'm all about your Lately Chelsea High handler, handle her



They come back around midnight. The "deadly ill" too. He complained in the hospital that he couldn't breathe. They gave him oxygen. Then they sent him to the lab, X-ray. I'll keep it short, because it annoys me that all examinations come up empty! This guy looks better than me! What was the result? My friend was hungry. He and his friend were taken to a hotel, where fries and tea were bought for them. With that everything was settled. My conclusion is that everyone in Kenya lies and these people have no morals.



Nakupenda, Penda, Penda

Oh boy I surrender

Baby you remind me of my favorite, Oh father

Remember, remember

Last day of December

When I introduce you to my Mama and my Papa

My Mama no' gree (Yeah)

My papa no gree (Yeah)

The ting wey I love about you dem no see

My Mama no' gree (Yeah)

My papa no gree (Yeah)

Last, last dem go gree say...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen