Sonntag, 29. August 2021

A Foreigner in Kenya, Chapter 1

 Its really amazing when a foreigner stets out of the terminal. What a nice welcome! A soldier is watching you at the door, looking at you and the crowd. Ladies waving hands! Yes, ladies  am here. All the time  have known,  am excellent, well known ìn this World, but  have not known that  am so well recognized in this Part of the World. Handome guy,  must tell myself. What else? 



Those ladies are jumping on me. No surprise! Also some guys trying to come clone but they got chased away by the ladies. I tried to remember my telephone number, no way! Hey men,would you remember your telephone number when two fiery ladies approaching you? Tell thectruth, for sure not. Two black eyes! White teeth, behinde a big smile. Black hair! I feel myself like George Clonney! Must be like that. At this Moment i am the sexiest man alive.... here at the airport for Sure!

"Sir, come with me!," ohne Lady addressed me.

That i would like, my dear, i only thought. "Where you want me to take?" Only hope she will say: to my home.

"Where you want to go? Nairobi?" 

What a pitty! Why she is asking when she know it allready? 

"Yes."

"I give you a fair price!"

That i know. It is always the same story, the fair price. What Is fair and what not? This is the question, Hamlet World answer. 

"How mich?" I ask but i know the price. To high, to much, it is the price for a 'mzungu'. Oder who does'nt know anything.  

The lady answers fast. "3000."

Now comes the second lady. "Sir, i give you a lift for 2500!" 

The first lady is angry. Why not? The second one is disrurbing her Business. She is Shootingstar to the second lady. 

"2500 is better," i said. 

"Ok, 2500," the first lady agreed.

"2000!," shouted the second lady.

"Not to Bad," i answered. "But still to Expansion."

The first lady left, went back. No business for her, that is what she believes. 

"So what you say?"  The remaining lady ask with a big smile.

What can i tell her? That she is nice, beautyful, charmant? She knows it, thats why she is doing this job.

"No way," I toll her. 

I called Uber. That costs me 500. 

Welcome to Kenya. 

The first day can continue.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen